In this newsletter we cover the following:
- Johnston Thomas to Host “Annual Regulatory Round-up: Invaluable Tips for Maintaining Compliance in 2019 and Beyond”
- Regulatory Compliance and Litigation Webinars: Complimentary Recordings and PPTs for JT’s Marketing Service Agreement, Loan Officer Compensation, and other Complimentary Webinars
- The Legal Services we offer at Johnston Thomas
- Conference Attendance by Johnston Thomas
Johnston Thomas to Host “Annual Regulatory Round-up: Invaluable Tips for Maintaining Compliance in 2019 and Beyond”
Date: Thursday, April 18, 2019
Time: 10:30 a.m. PST / 1:30 p.m. EST
Duration: Approx. One Hour
With the first quarter of 2019 wrapping up, now is the perfect time to make sure you’re up to date on the top trending Compliance topics of the year. Johnston Thomas invites you to attend our upcoming complimentary webinar where James Brody, Chairman of the firm’s Mortgage Banking Practice Group, will not only review these emerging trends, but will also provide practical tips on how to ensure you remain compliant with the requirements.
Some of the main hot topic trends facing our clients that Mr. Brody will review during the webinar include, but are not limited to, the following:
§ The Digital Mortgage Platform: A refresher review on electronic disclosure/ESIGN Act requirements; digital record retention requirements; and how to ensure you remain compliant while leveraging digital marketing campaigns.
§ Non-QM Products: A discussion on the compliance and risk considerations when determining whether or not to offer Non-QM and Non-Agency products, including: disclosure requirements; Ability to Repay rule implications; and the heightened scrutiny these products carry during regulatory examinations.
§ Loan Officer Compensation: A comprehensive update on the current status of Loan Officer Compensation requirements, including Branch Manager Compensation.
§ Fair Lending: A deep dive into fair lending best practices, including what constitutes a proper fair lending monitoring program, as well as a review of the recent $25 million fine levied against Citibank by the OCC.
§ State Enforcement: A review of recent enforcement actions issued by some of the country’s more active state regulatory agencies.
Moderator and Speaker:
James Brody, Esq., Chairman of Mortgage Banking Practice Group
Johnston Thomas, Attorneys at Law, P.C.
Additional Speakers: To be announced
In order to register for this complimentary webinar, which will be limited to the first 1,000 registrants, please click on the following link:
Otherwise, should you have any follow-up questions or have any difficulty registering for the upcoming webinar, please contact Mr. James Brody. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Complimentary Webinar Recordings and Presentation Materials Available from Johnston | Thomas Mortgage Banking
- January 17, 2019 – “Lehman Bros. GSE and RMBS Litigation: A Comprehensive Review and Analysis” lender only webinar (only available by individual request)
- July 26, 2018 – “Loan Officer Compensation Tips and Trends: How to Gain a Competitive Edge While Remaining Compliant” webinar
- June 28, 2018 – “Repurchase and Indemnification Claims in 2018 and Beyond: A Comprehensive Update” webinar
- May 10, 2018 – “Mergers and Acquisitions in the Mortgage Banking Industry: Expert Insights and Forecasts for 2018 and Beyond“ webinar
These materials may be downloaded from our Johnston Thomas website or, for more information concerning any of the foregoing webinars and/or the subject matter of these webinars, please contact its Chairman James Brody.
Legal Services Offered by Johnston Thomas in the Mortgage Banking Industry
Johnston Thomas is a full suite boutique law firm, which amongst other practices such as real estate and commercial litigation, has a nationally recognized Mortgage Banking Practice Group. With an experienced team of mortgage banking lawyers (including senior litigation attorneys, former in-house General Counsel and in-house Compliance Counsel from a well-known bank and mortgage company, etc.), certified fraud examiner and forensic underwriters, and an extremely competent support staff, all of whom are dedicated to aggressively and competently serving the needs of our valued clientele, Johnston Thomas’ Mortgage Banking Practice Group is known all across the country for the experience and results that it brings to the areas of regulatory compliance, mortgage banking litigation, and a broad range of mitigation services.
Amongst the many legal services Johnston Thomas offers the mortgage banking industry (e.g., brokers, lenders, servicers, vendors and more), such include, but are in no way limited to, as follows:
- Mortgage Repurchase and Make-Whole Indemnification Litigation and Mitigation (e.g., Secondary Market Investors, Agencies, etc.)
- Mortgage Industry Litigation (e.g., Servicer and Sub-Servicer Disputes, 3rd Party Fraud Recovery, CPL and Title Policy Actions, Appraiser E&O Claims, Loan Officer Actions, etc.
- Mortgage Repurchase and Make-Whole Alternative Dispute Resolution (e.g., Arbitration, Mediation, etc.)
- Regulatory Compliance, Administrative and Business Services (e.g., Mock Audits, LO Compensation, MSAs, Licensing, CA Dep’t of Business Oversight, HUD Review Board, etc.)
- Transactional Matters (e.g., Drafting and Negotiating Broker and Correspondent Loan Purchase Agreements, Mergers & Acquisitions, etc.)
Conference Attendance by Johnston Thomas
Johnston Thomas will have a number of its attorneys in attendance and/or speaking at the following upcoming conferences:
- May 5-8, 2019: Mr. Brody will be in attendance with colleagues, as well as speaking on a litigation panel (e.g., Lehman Bros, JP Morgan Chase/EMC, etc.), at the National MBA’s Legal Issues and Regulatory Compliance Conference in New Orleans, LA
- May 19-22, 2019: Mr. Brody will be in attendance with colleagues at the National MBA’s National Secondary Market Conference & Expo 2019, New York, NY.
If you or someone from your company will also be in attendance at the foregoing conferences and would like to set up a complimentary appointment to meet with Johnston Thomas’ Mortgage Banking Practice Group, please contact its Chairman, James Brody, to schedule a date and time. We hope to see you there!
Copyright © 2019 Johnston Thomas, Attorneys at Law, PC, All rights reserved.